Style: noun ˈstī(-ə)l the quality that makes something attractive, interesting or unique
The Breakdown: (clockwise)
1. This first DIY project shows that style doesn’t have to be expensive! Sweet Paul Magazine made these fun picnic place settings by wrapping upcycled cans in colorful paper and labeling them. Think of all of the ways that you could reinterpret this depending on the style/type of paper, etc.
2. Stylish outdoor lighting created by placing candles in a wire basket, tying rope onto the basket and hanging it from a tree. If it’s too windy, skip the rope and use the candle-filled basket as a centerpiece on your table.
3. Almost Makes Perfect made these DIY table numbers with glass water bottles, vinyl numbers and paint. Obviously the original idea was to number a group of tables but, if you only have one table, you could still use them to just add a fun decorative element to your table setting.
4. Did you ever think that bug repellant could be stylish? Um. No. Us either. That’s why we were so impressed with these DIY Summertime Citronella Candles That Nest of Posies made by adding mint, lemon, lime, rosemary, water & citronella bug off oil to mason jars. Just add floating candles and you have a stylish looking bug repellant.
5. Have you seen some of our firepits that also function as a table yet? We love the idea that they’re multi-functional and you can be dining or playing a game on a stylish table one minute and enjoying a cozy (smoke-free!) fire the next – all without leaving your chair! Nice.
6. Keeping drinks cold when you’re entertaining outside can be a challenge and we like this stylish solution from BHG. Line a plastic decorative urn with a garbage bag, fill with ice and add your bottled drinks to keep them chilled.
*UPDATE: We’re loving our new multitasking ice chest outdoor end tables for keeping drinks cold outdoors too. Clever idea!