Today’s post will be about accomplishing a Wednesday’s New Country look. Here’s the picture again:
1. Feminine details like this interesting shaped glass lamp and black and purple shade complete a look and add depth to the space.
2. Distressed, whitewashed wood stands out against the strong wall color and adds an aged texture to the space.
3. Scrolling black metal adds strength to the fireplace while the pattern keeps a feminine lightness.
4. Crisp white linen reminds us of summer cottages, beach houses, and sailing on the lake. Perfect for a new country feel.
5. Traditional details like this turned leg are classics and essential to many looks. The pale pecan finish and crisp floral add to the country style of the space.
6. If all the throw pillows were the same, the fabric would get a little matchy. Adding in these purple pops with the thoughtful details (single button tuft, floral pillow edged in purple with no ruffles) make sure the look is still fresh and young.
As you’re creating a country space, keep these details in mind. Make the color palette crisp and sprinkle feminine details around the space, making sure to add some interesting and funky pieces for contrast. This is how you make country young and hip again.