Blue has always been a popular color in decorating and the trend seems to be continuing.
Chad, our Visual Display Manager, recently said of the trend, “blue is exceptionally strong, from navy to cobalt to lapis to pale blues.
Paired with white for a more traditional approach, with tangerine for a pop of color, or, my favorite, mix it with virtually any other cool tone from turquoise and Lucite green to lavender and a mix of other blues for a fresh take.”
Of course blue is also the third color in our red, white and blue series, so we’ve rounded up some inspiration in blue that we think you might like:
1. WHITE + NAVY + SOFT NEUTRAL: Such a fresh,crisp color combination for summer!
If you like more color, add your favorite color as an accent.
Cottage Hill Bedding | Schneiderman’s
2. CORAL AND BLUE: Coral is another color that is trending right now and pairing it with any of the blues, from indigo to turquoise, is a really fun variation of a red, white and blue color scheme.
Two possibilities that come to mind: 1) Blue walls and rug with neutral furniture popped with colorful pillows OR 2) neutral walls and sofa, a chair or rug that incorporates all or some of the colors, an indigo chair, and colorful pillows…
There are quite a few possibilities – how would you play out this scheme in your space?
3. TAKING IT OUTSIDE: Darker blues aren’t a common exterior color, but this house did it right!
If you’re building a house, re-doing your exterior or just painting it any time soon, this would be great inspiration.
4. TURQUOISE INTERIOR BARN DOORS: Turquoise is probably the most cheerful of the blue hues, and my personal favorite. Turquoise + barn doors? Couldn’t be better.
source (Jessica Bradford Photography)
5. BLUEBERRY VANILLA BREAD WITH LEMON GLAZE:
Aaaaaand. Baking with blue.
Based on their blog pin stats, this recipe has been repinned over 200,000 times (yes. really.), so I’m guessing we should try it? You can get the recipe here.