One of the fun things about designing a space is coming up with details that make it more functional and unique. And one of the fun things about Pinterest is being able to see what everyone else is coming up with :-).
Here are 5 that caught our eye:
1. Hidden Pantry.
This chalkboard/bulletin board is on a track and slides to the side to reveal a hidden pantry. A very fun and unique way to stay organized.
2. Hidden Storage.
Erin at Sunnyside Up noticed an empty space in the wall when her house was being framed, and decided to utilize it for pull out drawers to store toys in (with drawer fronts that cleverly fit right in with the wainscoting when they’re closed).
3. Foyer Bench
Designer Rachel Reider made use of this long, narrow space by the stairs in this foyer by installing a built-in bench. Functional and pretty.
4. Kitchen Pass-Through Window
Anyone else already dreaming of warmer weather and outdoor entertaining?
It wouldn’t work for everyone’s kitchen, but what a great idea to have a pass-through window to the patio or deck.
5. Doggie Dining
Kim and Scott remodeled their outdated kitchen and included a special corner for the pooches to dine in style – complete with art. (Door color is Benjamin Moore Swept Away). See the full remodel here.
Like the Friday 5? Here are 5 more:
– The Friday 5: Creative and Unexpected Ways to Add Color to Your Home
– The Friday 5: DIY Pallet Walls, Ceilings and More
– The Friday 5: Creative Ways To Display Children’s Artwork
– The Friday 5: Design Ideas for That Space Under the Stairs
– The Friday 5: Decorating, Entertaining and Organizing with Mason Jars