When initially designing or purchasing a home, you try to look at every possible angle to make sure it will be the perfect fit for your needs. Everything is assessed and every function planned for. You move in, happily putting everything in its proper place, and life is good.
But after you live there a while, accumulate more things, and have a chance to actually experience how your home functions, you may start to think “If only we had a spot for …..”.
If the space under your stairs isn’t already being utilized, perhaps one of these ideas might work for you?
1. So much function packed into this little wet bar and snack station! Smart to include the additional shelf space in the wall for more storage.
2. There’s a lot of inspiration for offices under the stairs out there, but Shannon from 8foot6 actually managed to fit an office for two in this space!
3. Stylish built-in bookshelves under the stairs make a nice backdrop for the seating area in this loft. (Remodelista)
4. Jen at Rambling Renovators created this cute playhouse under the stairs! Great idea.
5. A cozy little reading nook always seems like a good idea, and why not under the stairs?!
Southern Living Photo: Laurey Glenn, Styling: Matthew Gleason
Have you created a unique space under a stairway or in some other unexpected spot in your home? We’d love to hear about it!