We’re continuing our outdoor theme this week, and today we have the perfect addition to your porch, patio, deck, or dock (or anywhere else outside you want to kick back and relax!).
Tag Archives | deck
Style: noun ˈstī(-ə)l the quality that makes something attractive, interesting or unique
The Breakdown: (clockwise)
1. This first DIY project shows that style doesn’t have to be expensive! Sweet Paul Magazine made these fun picnic place settings by wrapping upcycled cans in colorful paper and labeling them. Think of all of the ways that you could reinterpret this depending on the style/type of paper, etc.
2. Stylish outdoor lighting created by placing candles in a wire basket, tying rope onto the basket and hanging it from a tree. If it’s too windy, skip the rope and use the candle-filled basket as a centerpiece on your table.
3. Almost Makes Perfect made these DIY table numbers with glass water bottles, vinyl numbers and paint. Obviously the original idea was to number a group of tables but, if you only have one table, you could still use them to just add a fun decorative element to your table setting.
4. Did you ever think that bug repellant could be stylish? Um. No. Us either. That’s why we were so impressed with these DIY Summertime Citronella Candles That Nest of Posies made by adding mint, lemon, lime, rosemary, water & citronella bug off oil to mason jars. Just add floating candles and you have a stylish looking bug repellant.
5. Have you seen some of our firepits that also function as a table yet? We love the idea that they’re multi-functional and you can be dining or playing a game on a stylish table one minute and enjoying a cozy (smoke-free!) fire the next – all without leaving your chair! Nice.
6. Keeping drinks cold when you’re entertaining outside can be a challenge and we like this stylish solution from BHG. Line a plastic decorative urn with a garbage bag, fill with ice and add your bottled drinks to keep them chilled.
*UPDATE: We’re loving our new multitasking ice chest outdoor end tables for keeping drinks cold outdoors too. Clever idea!
So you’re having a barbeque and want a fire in your backyard for your guests to enjoy. Or maybe you’re a sucker for s’mores. Or maybe you’re channeling your inner pyro. No matter the reason, there’s nothing better than relaxing next to a fire after a long summer day. Here in Minnesota, the occasional dry spell and various Twin Cities regulations make bonfires a no-no. So what’s a gal to do?
Why, a fire pit of course!
Having a dedicated outdoor fire place gives you the freedom to have a fire whenever and wherever you would like. (On your own property, of course. Not sure your neighbors are ready to give up their backyards.) Just imagine – no driving around for wood – this version works with a propane tank. No digging through the grass to have a dirt ring around a bonfire. And, perhaps most importantly, comfortable and attractive chairs whose legs don’t slowly sink divets into your yard. Having a fire pit is a way to take the occasional fire and turn it into a more regular event. With the turn of a knob, you can relax and enjoy a glass of your favorite beverage in front of an outdoor fire.
Need to really feel the flames? Try a ceramic version for a wood-burning fire pit.
This one even comes with a poker to really get the sparks flying! And a screened domed to contain the flames…
Regardless of your preference for gas or wood burning, a fire pit is an excellent investment for those who dream of a backyard night life. To make a permanent and dedicated place for the furniture, set some paving stones into your yard on a level spot. By using a moveable fire pit (instead of building one in), you’ll even be able to take it with you should you move. Check out these great options and all the new patio, deck, and outdoor furniture at Schneiderman’s in Plymouth, Lakeville, Woodbury, Roseville, and Duluth.