Each year Pantone Color Institute announces the color that it predicts will be at the forefront of interiors, fashion, and more for the next 12 months. The big announcement for 2018 came yesterday and, as has been the case the past few years, their choice of Ultra Violet caught me completely by surprise.
But rather than just blog about my opinions, I thought it might be more interesting to see what others in our Plymouth showroom thought about the color.
Here’s some of what they had to say…
Like it – love it.
– I love that color. I’m getting a puppy and Violet is on my short-list of names for it. :-)
– It’s a pretty color. Would want to use it in small doses – as accents.
– It’s a nice color, and it goes great with all of the trending grays.
– Would like it best combined with lots of soft texture, neutrals, and organic elements.
– One of Pantone’s better ones.
– I’m not a purple person.
– Not what I was expecting – too bold. I would not use it on it’s own.
– It’s too bright – I like moody colors. It’s not something I would bring into my own home.
– Not really a fan. It’s gloomy.
Let’s make ice cream.
– It’s a great color for ice cream.
(homemade blueberry ice cream from Baked By Rachel)
– I like purple, but this isn’t my purple. Needs a warmer undertone.
– Purple’s not one of my colors but, if it were, it would lean to the pink side and be softer.
– That color had to be inspired by Prince.
– It’s the Vikings color! Maybe it’s a sign that they’re going to win the Super Bowl this year!
– It’s a bright and powerful color – should be big in Minnesota!
Of course these opinions don’t reflect the entire Schneiderman’s team, but it’s a small sampling – and, as you can see, opinions vary.
What’s your take on Ultra-Violet?